Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Breaking Into Cars for a Living...The Easiest Cars to "Break Into"!

I guess I "broke into" my first car (literally, my first car) in the late 70's or early 80's. It was a 1977 Oldsmobile Delta 88 and it was my own car, so technically I guess I wasn't "breaking in", (in fact, if you're actually "breaking" anything, you're probably not doing it right). Back then, when you locked your keys in your car, you fished them out yourself. At least that's what we did. Usually with a coat hanger, straightened out into a rod with a little loop at the end. It was kinda fun actually. Who would ever have thought you could one day make a living at it.
 Now as a "lockout professional", I've unlocked thousands of cars, trucks, big rigs...you name it. Only a handful of small damages, all within my first six months or so (the learning curve). Most vehicles provide very little challenge anymore, and can normally be unlocked within seconds...some even less!

The following are, what I consider to be, the easiest vehicles to "break into":

1. Honda Accord: As difficult (and opposite) as the Civic is to unlock, the Accord is, surprisingly, a piece of cake. Surprisingly because it is "higher end" than the Civic and because it's annually one of the most "stolen" vehicles (according to Forbes list of vehicles stolen in 2011, 2012). I would actually include most every vehicle that still has a "pull-up" knob on the door to my list of easiest to break into. A knob-lifter and wedge have you unlocked in seconds. Slim Jim or z-tool also work pretty quickly, just avoid any side-airbags!
2. Ford Focus: Pull the handle with your reach rod and you're in. Once again, I'll include any vehicle that allows you to simply pull the handle, and there are quite a few. Just don't pull too hard! I've had to replace just a few broken handles :)
3. Frame-less windows: I almost included this on my "most difficult" list because of the often tight fit (metal rod on glass), especially with most Suzuki vehicles. But proper use of the plastic wedge(s) allows for instant access and entry with most vehicles.
4. Any vehicle that is running: I don't care what the make and/or model is, if it's running you should be rolling down that window within mere seconds. I'm sure someone will probably point out an exception to this but I'm currently unaware of any.
5. Ford Explorer: And any other vehicle that has the push button, electronic entry.

These are the vehicles I have found to be the easiest to unlock in my years of running a lockout service. Maybe yours are different? If you have vehicles to add or suggestions and helpful tips, please share.

 Need help setting up a Google Adwords account for your lockout or locksmith service?
Check out our new book “Breaking Into Cars for a Living”, now available for kindle @ www.amazon.com/dp/B00FG8S1XE or visit us @ www.MrQuickPick.com.
www.QuickPick.net. www.QuickPickLockout.com

No comments:

Post a Comment